Friday, June 06, 2008

From Matriculation
to Graduation!


IT IS FINISHED...

May 17th marked perhaps the most remarkable milestone of my life as I graduated from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary with my Doctor of Ministry Degree.


I have jokingly told friends that I am looking for a way to draw retirement on 30 years of school... I haven't figured out how just yet. While my formal academic pursuits are now over, obviously my learning is not! Learning is a lifelong pursuit. I've spent the past five years of my life studying the discipline of prayer.


I am so thankful for all those who helped me to this accomplishment. Here are the acknowledgements and dedication from the foreward of my doctoral project:

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Thanks to Dr. David Meacham, Dr. Reggie Ogea and Dr. Keith Manuel for serving
as faculty and field mentors on this project.

Thanks to Dr. Tim Clark, Dr. Dan Crawford,
Dr. John Franklin, and Rev. Rob Lee for serving
as mentor guides on this project.

Thanks to the NorthStar Family of Faith - my labor of love!
May you truly become a house of prayer.

To Stephanie, my Proverbs 31 wife! What a joy to partner with you in ministry,
in parenting, in life! Thank you for your faithful encouragement,
your gentle advice, and your constant love and support.
I love you!

To Hannah, Haley, and Heidi. In looking to me as "daddy", you have taught me
to better understand our Heavenly Father’s love.

To Wayne Ross and Billy Joe Kennedy,
two men who have embodied a lifestyle of prayer

To Mom, my greatest cheerleader and source of constant encouragement.

DEDICATION

To the Memory of William Arthur Hanberry:
Thank you for being a godly father, a mentor, and a friend.
Thank you for demonstrating the love of Christ,
for teaching me how to pray,
and for teaching me to love souls.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you! Tell the family we all said "Hello". We hope to see you guys soon.