What drives your church? What helps to steer decisions?At NorthStar Church, we are guided by 9 core values:
1) N on-negotiable commitment to Scripture - God’s Word is the medium He uses to change lives! “For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” Hebrews 4:12
2) O n-going evangelistic emphasis - Jesus’ mission was to “seek and save the lost”. Sharing the good news of Christ is what we are about.
3) R elevance in message and method - We strive to touch people right where they are. NorthStar Church will focus on cultural relevance and doctrinal purity.
4) Togetherness - what we do, we do together! Unity and loving relationships should permeate every aspect of our lives. Before we can minister to people through the church, we need to be the church to each other!
5) Health - Just as a healthy body will grow physically, a healthy church will grow spiritually....This spiritual growth will occur personally and corporately. NorthStar is not filled with perfect people, but as a family of faith, we will model authenticity which allows people to grow and develop. Spiritual health begins with honesty! Over time, the members of NorthStar Church will begin to exhibit "the basics"...the behaviors and beliefs of a true Christ-follower.
6) Striving for excellence - Excellence honors God and inspires people. At NorthStar, good enough never will be! “Whatever you do, do it heartily as unto the Lord.” Colossians 3:23
7) Total devotion to Christ - Full devotion to Jesus and His cause is normal for every believer. The goal of total yieldedness should sum up the objective of Christ followers. While no Christian will ever achieve absolute surrender this side of Heaven, that endeavor is always worthy of enthusiastic pursuit.
8) A ctive faith - NSC will participate in service to Christ through meeting needs in our church, in our community, and in the world. We will be “on mission” with God. James says, “Show me your faith without works, and I will show you my faith by what I do.”
9) R elationships - People matter to God...therefore, they matter to NSC. Above all programs and plans, we value people. Real life change occurs when we create environments where people can discover the beauty and benefit of authentic community.