Friday, February 15, 2008

HE KNOWS MY NAME


As I continue sharing thoughts about the 23rd Psalm, I don't want to lose sight of the fact that the entire passage is couched in the relationship of shepherd and sheep. It's easy to pick the Psalm apart and look at various facets like comfort, guidance, provision...but the focus is, AND SHOULD BE, on the Shepherd! He is the Good Shepherd. He is powerful, benevolent, gracious, and wise. And the wonder of wonders is that He cares for His sheep. He knows them, He calls them by name.

Several years ago, Tommy Walker wrote a great song that celebrates the intimacy of a relationship with God. I thought that today I would share the lyrics of that song.

"Before I formed you...I knew you! Jeremiah 1:5

"HE KNOWS MY NAME"
Words and Music by Tommy Walker© 1996 Doulos Publishing

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

Chorus
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
and He hears me when I call

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that song! :)Steph.